“Having Everyone Achieve Longevity Through Health”
As an organization of predominately African American women, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority is uniquely positioned to impact not only the well-being of its members, but also the well-being of families and communities at large. To facilitate this effort, the Physical and Mental Health Committee is committed to educating and facilitating lifestyle changes for the physical, mental and spiritual well being of members of the sorority and the community at large.
The Committee’s objectives are to:
- Raise awareness about the importance and benefits of lifestyle changes that affect longevity, morbidity, and mortality;
- Dispel the negative stigma associated with mental health disorders under the Physical and Mental Health Initiatives.
- Identify organizational alliances for the sorority that will work to address pertinent health issues; and
- Develop and implement health-focused programs within the sorority and the communities we serve.
The Physical and Mental Health Committee is excited about our commitment to work toward healthier lifestyles. Thank you for your commitment to a better health & overall Wellness.
- Deanna’s Amazing Race
- Community Health Fairs
- Delta Academy Nutritional Session
- Looking Good, Feeling Fine
- Medical Symposiums
- Teal Talk for Ovarian Cancer
- Traditions Health & Rehabilitation
- Health Walks
- American Heart Associations: Go Red for Women initiative
- First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative
- American Cancer Society: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- AID Atlanta: AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5k Run
- Project 13 – March of Dimes
- St. Jude Partnership
“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.” – La Rochefoucauld